Vocational Service Committee
The goals of Vocational Service are to involve our club in a worthwhile vocational project establishing networks to help the local community, to raise the image of Rotary within our state and to promote a regular member Vocational Update program so as to be informed on the current and future movements of industry.
Full Committee Description:
Specific objectives for the RC Karrinyup Vocational Service committee are:
- to support the Earbus Foundation in fundraising and work with other Rotary Clubs and organisations for the purchase and supply of a mobile clinic. This project was completed in December 2016 and officially handed over to the Earbus Foundation in April 2017. The Earbus travels throughout the Kimberley community to a network of primary schools, kindergartens and child care centres providing a free hearing and middle ear health screening service for indigenous Australian children at risk. Read more about the RC Karrinyup completed Kimberley Earbus Project.
- Coordinate the annual Osborne Park Hospital Nurse of the Year Award.
- Together with North Metropolitan TAFE coordinate the Vocational Educational Scholarship
- Conduct two vocational visits through the Rotary year.
- Coordinate regular vocational updates from members.
Contact - Vocational Service Committee